Thursday, February 9, 2012

Week 29

Today marked the first of several every-two-week appointments. It was a quick and easy check-up, and like Dr. Bell mentioned - they seem silly for how short they are, but knowing how quickly something can change, it's important not to take the risk.

At today's appointment, Gwen wasn't quite as active - but I must say, she's our rather consistent little booger. Her heartbeat was racing at 145 bpm and she's measuring right on track at 29.5 weeks. Dr. Bell said most of the same things as last time - what to watch for - confirmed the "feeling" I was having last week was, in fact, Braxton Hicks and that the pain I'm feeling around my ribs is common. She confirmed that most likely it's Gwen's foot smashing up against anything she can. I'd just prefer that she find something else to smash against.

As for this week's Reflections...

TheBump states she's the size of an acorn squash...translation: heffer! :)

Movement: It never stops! Today I was conducting a phone interview and couldn't help but smile as I felt her moving the entire time. I'm telling you, this baby in my belly loves HR!

Cravings/Aversions: I think if anyone in the pregnancy process is having cravings, it's Eric. Today he sends me a text message asking, on a scale of 1-10, how much am "I" craving Margarita's Grill. There are multiple paths to get to my heart, but one of the quickest ways is with refried beans. :)

I am feeling: Large. Maybe it's because we did have Mexican food for dinner, but even after a walk through Target, I feel like a whale.

What I miss most: This category really isn't a good one for me, because I'm not missing much of anything. The whole "not being able to bend over without feeling uncomfortable" feeling would have to be the closest example to what I miss.

Best Funniest moment moments of the past week: I changed the title of this category, specifically because I have to share...and, I'm so not ashamed of the story about me!

So, "pregnancy brain" - I always thought it was an excuse women make. I'm here to tell you - it's a true, known fact. Just this week, my alarm went off at 7am as usual - instead of hopping right up, I decided to press snooze...not once, but twice. It just wasn't a morning for me to pop out of bed. I walk into the bathroom, turn the shower on - take off my pj's, open the shower door and walk in. I'm standing there wetting my hair - when all of a sudden I look down and realize I am in the shower...with my panties STILL on. I immediately busted out laughing at myself - took them off, threw them over the shower wall into the tube and went about my business. I couldn't believe what I just did - and am almost positive it was Gwen's way of making her Mommy giggle.

Now, it wouldn't be a week of funnies without mentioning an Eric story. Last night I stumbled across a "must buy for baby" checklist. I started reading the first few items off and came across "Activity Mat". I mentioned this was an item we registered for - and he says to me, "Activity mat?! Like Twister??" I can imagine coming home one day and seeing Gwen practicing her tummy-time and Eric stretching his left hand on blue, over his right leg on yellow. :)

What I'm looking forward to this week: My baby shower in Louisville!! I'm so excited to see my entire family this weekend I could pee in my pants...well, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration - but I really could probably pee. Either way, I'm looking forward to sharing this exciting time with the women in my life who mean so much to me. I'm undoubtedly thankful for my Aunt Anita and Aunt Maria for hosting the shower - a girl couldn't ask for anything more.

Exactly 75 days to go! :)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Ahhh!!! So crazy!! I remember 29 weeks!! And now I have a chunk of a 3 1/2 month old!! It'll be here so quick you won't know what hit ya!!! So excited for you....and THANK YOU for finally posting!!!!