Saturday, February 18, 2012

Nesting

"They" say at some point during the third trimester, Moms-to-be will have a sudden urge to nest. "They" were right. Just over the past few days, Eric and I have unpacked, put together and organized everything Gwen related.

For starters, I unpacked all of the gifts received from Baby Shower #1 - including organizing her closet. I hung up her clothes - organized by size (not by color, unlike my own closet) and began putting items in the dresser drawers.

...less than half of her outfits...

Wall of Diapers!

Not all of Gwen's gifts could be hung and tucked away - a handful needed to be unpacked and put together...all of which were not easy to be assembled, but after a break in the middle, we accomplished them all!

Rocking Sleeper

Bouncer

Car Seat & Stroller - personalized with her pink poodle!

Pack 'N Play

After completely finishing the organization, I sat down to write out the "To Do List" of items yet to be completed. I kept thinking to myself that this list was miles long. Turns out, I need to give myself more credit - the list was a whopping four items long!

1. Touch-up the paint on the dresser.
2. Paint and hang the shelf for Gwen's room.
3. Purchase nightstand next to recliner.
4. Repaint the closet wall (where we outlined a bird, that we decided against painting).

(And, I'm happy to say - as of this evening, this list is already down to 3! We purchased the nightstand at Garden Ridge - which needs to be put together and will be placed next to the recliner, holding the lamp she received from Motsy.)

The pictures below are pre-Baby Shower gifts, but I couldn't help but share images of my favorite room in the house! As I'm starting to place items where they "belong", I still catch myself sitting in her room imagining what it will be like to have her here.









As I mentioned earlier, this is by-far my new favorite room in the house - and I love the warm feeling it already carries. :)

No comments: