Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Holy Squash!!


Today marks the beginning of WEEK 32. Comparing this week to the last - it definitely went much quicker (probably because we had more to look forward to...).

Each week I've enjoyed looking at the fruit/vegetable comparison and rarely have I looked at the "your baby" picture. Today my eye went straight for the image. It's unbelievable to think THIS is curled up inside my belly. It's becoming so "real" as we inch closer and closer to her arrival!


Because very little has changed since last week - I've decided to share where I fall on this list:


As for the Braxton Hicks - I have felt them, but I'm not sure they're getting any more "intense". A few weeks back I feel like I felt them more often than I do now, but I also think that's because they were a strange feeling I hadn't felt. Now that I have, I've become "used" to them.

I'm sure no one wants to hear about my tatas - but I have to say, The Girls have just turned darker all over. I feel incredibly funny looking!

Shortness of breath happens when I'm up moving around, but only at a faster pace. I have no problem walking the aisles of Babies R Us for the millionth time. But, if I'm rushing up the stairs at work to beat the UPS guy - then, yes - I lose my breath quicker than I used to.

One of the strangest times I lost my breath - or just feel weak in general - is when I'm laying in bed and have to flip over or get up. The flat position is not one that's friendly with pregnant women - at least I'm not a fan! I've started to prop myself up more during the night (mostly because it helps me stay cool and on my side), which has made the several-a-night potty trips easier to manage.

Haven't had the heartburn - thank the Good Lord!

The "Enlarged breasts that may leak!" is laughable to me. I have had a problem with the leaks since about Week 20 - why TheBump is just now mentioning this is crazy! (Big thanks to Amanda for saving the night with part of her shower gift!)

Speaking of shower gifts...this past Sunday, Dana (with the help of her mom and Amanda!) threw Gwen and I an amazing shower here for our friends and family here in Greenwood. It was fantastic getting "showered" all over again - not to mention walking home with much-need (and much-liked!) items.

Dana outdid herself with the decorations and food (which, might I add she was told appetizers and desserts...yet, she planned a feast!). We played the "guess the baby food in the jar" game - and, it's official, I can not tell the difference between green beans and peas (especially since my guess was broccoli). Eric's sister, Kristin, nailed the game...I credit that to Jordan and Dalen! :)

We then played a game that's hard to title - but kept us all entertained! Amanda read a story about Mrs. Right - which each time the word "right" was mentioned (in any form, I suppose) we were to pass the gift bag to the right. Same thing for the world "left". I couldn't tell you a single sentence of the story, because the only thing I was concentrating on were the words "right" and "left". We had a few hiccups determining which way to pass - but collectively, we did great! (And, Angie walked away with the prize!)

Finally, we played the name-the-baby of a wide range of animals. Of the animals listed - I knew maybe seven...my strategy was just to add "ie" at the end of everything. Name of a baby duck? Duckie! Hey, in a few cases it works...

I can't thank the women who helped celebrate Gwen's arrival enough for the amount of gifts we received. She truly will be the best-dressed chick on the block! Eric's Mom - who had already purchased us a much-need gift (the crib mattress!) - surprised me with the baby blanket Eric had as an infant. She also tucked inside the bag a few pictures of Eric as a baby.

But, I have to admit - the most anticipated gift that I was looking forward to was my baby bag. I'm a big purse-person, so finding the best bag was super easy for me...and I noticed almost within days of Eric and I registering it had been purchased. Of course, I had no clue who bought it for me - but was sold that Christmas 2012 whomever they were would receive an extra stocking stuffer from the Davis Family! She threw me off with a few white-lies, so I was incredibly shocked when I opened the bag from Amanda (and Kathy and Amy!). Seriously, who gets excited for a baby bag?!

Again, thank you - thank you, thank you, thank you!! - to Dana, Becky and Amanda for going out of the way to plan such an exciting day for me. I could not be happier right now - and it's because of everything you did to make me feel spoiled! :)

No comments: