Saturday, February 11, 2012

Baby Shower!

Today was the first of two baby showers for Gwen. Today's shower was held in Louisville by my amazing Aunts, Anita and Maria. I can not thank them enough for a wonderful afternoon! I was surrounded by my family and friends - who some traveled just for the day...for me Gwen.

Gwen was truly showered with gifts, which made it extremely emotional for me. Building up to the time the shower started, I had this nervous feeling - realizing how real this is, how close we are to her actually being here.

I, personally, love party games! My Aunts did a wonderful job personalizing the game boards with Gwen's name written across the top of each. We played a trivia game built around baby facts - which, I had played once before...and still got almost all of them wrong! We then had to guess how many diapers were stuffed inside a basket. I was only 6 off from the actual number - which I'm extremely proud of...knowing my knowledge of diapers is minimal!

Almost every gift was decked out in some shade of pink...and, I'm not going to lie...I loved every ounce of it. She will be - by far - the best dressed baby in town! She received outfit after outfit, snuggle blankets, her bouncer seat (thanks to the Drury's), Pack 'N Play (thanks to Mamaw!), toys and Baby Bjorn carrier (thanks to MarMar!). She also received the rocking sleeper (thanks to MarMar - again - that I think I'm more excited about), swaddlers, car seat accessories, Sleep Sheep (thanks to Pamela, that Eric and I might "borrow" for ourselves) and, finally, her lamp and mobile (thanks to Motsy!).

Gwen also received a few personalized gifts - made especially for her. She received hand-made burp clothes from Nana, a water-resistant and blanket cover for her car seat from Andrea and, even though the items weren't hand-made the creativity won us all over - a baker's box of baby cupcakes (a receiving blanket wrapped around a onesie, positioned like cupcakes from a bakery).

And, of course, she walked away with a few UK gifts - including two cheerleading outfits and a handful of UK onesies...all of which will come in handy!

I had an absolutely amazing afternoon and could not be happier! Thank you to all of the women who came and celebrated Gwen's upcoming arrival. I feel so blessed to have such an amazing family surrounding me - during such an amazing time in my life. :)

1 comment:

Caroline said...

I'm glad you liked the "cupcakes"!