Monday, November 21, 2011

Winning Choice

Consider tonight a huge milestone...thanks to Baby's amazing grandparents, we have officially purchased Baby's crib! It's just a matter of a short 8-10 week wait until it arrives. After going back and forth, I was finally able to make up my mind yesterday afternoon. We had it narrowed down between two choices:

1. Bonavita Peyton Lifestyle Crib
2. europa Baby Palisades Lifestyle Crib

Both cribs came in a shade of white (which is a must to match the dresser), but the biggest difference between the two is the headboard. The Peyton crib has a straight-line headboard, and is raised much higher than the Palisades curved headboard.

Walking out of the stores, I was sold on one over the other. It wasn't until Sunday when my mind completely switched. Looking at the material for Baby's bedding, paint color swatches and the brochures from all of the beds we liked the most, I knew which one I really, really wanted.

And, the winner is:

Bonavita Lifestyle Crib - Peyton Collection

Good choice, huh?! I really loved the "girly" effect the Palisades crib had, but I kept thinking about putting Baby's name above her crib and not liking how the curves may throw my idea off. Also, I specifically like how much bigger the Peyton crib is over the Palisades. It stands taller and the headboard is much larger - which will look better against the wall. Overall, I'm extremely happy with our choice!

Why purchase it so early?! Nothing better than taking advantage of coupons! :) Currently Babies R Us is running a 20% off "everything" coupon, and buybuyBaby just happens to honor all of BRU's sales. Cha-ching! Also, my anxiety nightmares are kicked in thinking about back-orders and not having the crib by the time Baby arrives. (I know, it's a bit much...)

I love everything about planning for Baby - and tonight holds the prize...so far! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh go on and admit it...the real reason you picked this crib was because of the name "PEYTON" just like your favorite COLT football player PEYTON MANNING!!!