Tuesday, November 22, 2011

18 Weeks


Check that out! It's unreal to see how close we are to the "half-way" point.

Today marks the beginning of Week 18. And, in perfect Thanksgiving fashion - our little baby is now the size of a...

SWEET POTATO!!
(Just like her Mom, always fitting for the occassion!)

The biggest challenge I have set for myself this week is not sleeping on my back. The last few nights I've done extremely well - from the times I've woken up...but, now as Baby (and my belly!) starts to really grow, it's incredibly important to keep the good progress up.

Looking at the "what you might be feeling" section - one thing is for sure...leg cramps. I woke up the other night practically in tears from the pain. So far, the best remedy I've found is to stretch like crazy, move around and drink nothing but water. (The last part I leave out in the middle of the night, knowing I already pee enough!)

So far, no swollen feet or hands - but I'm sure that's on its way! And, no "real" backpain...again, yet. Of course, that hasn't stopped me from requesting a nice foot or back massage from my Baby's Daddy! :)

The BEST part of about Week 18 - feeling Baby kick! It comes and goes - and usually happens when I'm the most comfortable...go figure. But, I can't complain - right now they're super cute and painless.

This is sure to be an exciting weekend - as Baby's Great Mamaw and Papaw have arrived from Louisville! (More family will be arriving on Thursday!) We have so much to be thankful for this year, it's triggers my pregnancy hormones on-the-spot...

As I grab a tissue, I just have to say...I absolutely love Tuesdays!

No comments: