Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Double-Bubble!

While reading this week's update - you just might need a piece of Double-Bubble for the taste in your mouth. Why, you ask? Here's your answer...



At Week 17, Baby is the size of an onion! Not quite the most glamorous food choice, but we'll take it.

Quick Reflections from this week - as the UK game is on...and well, Mommy has priorities! :)

Movement: I felt her kick!! Monday, while at work - jamming away to Macie's favorite Katie Perry song ("Fireworks") - I felt three flicks in my stomach. They weren't hard - and I haven't felt them since - but I also haven't been as calm as I was on Monday. (By calm, I mean sitting down-ish.) I immediately sent Eric a text message, and his response back: "Are you sure it wasn't gas??"...Ladies - back up, he's charming AND taken.

Cravings/Aversions: Truly anything with fruit - really anything sweet and nothing salty. Something else I've found, not to be a craving, but more found to be rather tasty: MILK. For you this might not be such a "craving" - but for me, this is huge. I was never a milk-drinker pre-Baby. I enjoy it in the morning with my cereal, but now I can pour myself a glass (not too big) and enjoy a nice treat.

As for aversions - salt. Which, really isn't a bad thing - but I used to be a big pretzel/chip fan. Not so much anymore. As a weird aversion...I'm over wearing underwear at night! (What? Was that TMI?!) For some reason when I'm laying in bed I can not get comfortable for the life of me - so, off they go. (Please note, I do wear pants/shorts to bed over my bare bum.) I feel much better commando!

I am feeling: Still fantastic! :) I've been at such balance lately - feeling complete with what's happening to my body and our family. THAT has to be the most amazing part of this pregnancy - getting the opportunity to prepare for something so important. I'll take feeling like this over anything, any day!

What I miss most: Truly, it's still the Sierra Turkey sandwich. It's not that my mouth is watering for it - but I can't really say there's anything I "miss" more. I will enjoy the moment when I get to chomp down on that little slice of heaven towards the end of April.

Best moment of the past week: Date night with Eric! Because of Eric's work and school schedule, we haven't quite found a weekend where it's been just the two of us. Friday night we took a trip to Babies R Us, browsed around at items we like for our registry (you know me - I like to compare, research and make the ultimate decision!) then went for dinner...just the two of us. We have only a few more months of just "you and me" and we're taking full advantage!

What I'm looking forward to this week: Purchasing Baby's crib! :) We've made the final decision and can't wait to have it in our home, in her room. At that point, it will definitely feel real. :)

No comments: