Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful

I woke up this morning feeling an incredible warmth of thankfulness. As I write this post, I can feel the flickerings of our little one inside my tummy...she is why we are truly thankful this Thanksgiving. We went through such a journey to be here now, that this feeling is overwhelming. We are thankful God has given us the amazing opportunity to become parents. We didn't always understand and agree with His decision to take us down the curvy road, but could not feel more blessed knowing where His road has led us.

This is a Thanksgiving we will look back on and remember, the amazing grace He has given us as we planned for our first child. We are so thankful for the love and support we have been given from the very beginning.

To our Baby, Mommy and Daddy are so thankful for you. We wake up every morning excited that we're one day closer to meeting you. You are the ultimate gift that God has given us. You have already made your Mommy and Daddy better people, and for that we thank you.

To our families, we are thankful for you. Really, we're more than just thankful - but it seems so fitting. You prayed for us, and with us, when we least expected it. There were times when, by speaking nothing at all, you said everything. You have been our support, and will continue to be Baby's support as she grows. How we became this fortunate, we'll be forever grateful - and know that you will be everything and more to our child. Your love and support has never gone unnoticed.

But, most importantly to me, to my very best friend, I am thankful for you. Eric, I am thankful God guided me to you and has given us the strength, courage, power and love to build our lives together. You mean the absolute world to me. You make me belly-laugh, you listen, you always have the answer when I'm lost. You are Home to me. I am so thankful to watch you accomplish your dreams, sacrificing the things you have, and giving you the opportunity to be a father. I love you!

...and for this, I am thankful.

No comments: