Monday, October 31, 2011

What's your date of birth?

If I had a nickel for every time I was asked that...

Of course, it's only because there just so happens to be another patient of Dr. Bell's with my same name (including middle initial!).

Today was my monthly check-up, crazy to think how time is flying by! Baby's heartbeat was racing at 153 - and, we had no problem tracking her down this time. Goodbye, stubborn Baby...she must have learned her lesson last month!

Biggest moment from today's appointment - tomorrow we'll hit Week 15, and I can officially stop taking the Prometrium AND Metformin. It was determined with our first pregnancy that my body doesn't produce progesterone on its own - so, I've been taking Prometrium since roughly Day 19 of my period cycle (which seems like forever ago!) - before we even knew we were expecting. The Metformin, which helps balance my PCOS, I've been taking since August of last year - feels good knowing I won't have to swallow those horse-pills anymore.

At today's visit - I opted to have the quad-screening done, as well. This test accesses the possibilities of potential genetic disorders. Adding to the many, many blood tests I've taken - this was an easy one.

We've scheduled our 20-week ultrasound! November 30th we'll receive our 100% - even though, it was already marked "girl" on my chart! :) Dr. Bell liked what she saw from the 13-week ultrasound regarding Baby's "parts".

And, if you're wondering - the office went 1 for 4 nurses/doctors I saw decked out in orange and black. Extremely disappointed, Southside OBGYN.

This is officially our last Halloween before Baby arrives - but, for years now we've been celebrating with our "other" babies. Who doesn't love this?!:

Skeleton Hobbes

Snow Princess Macie

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! :)

1 comment:

Ali said...

Cute pictures! :) I didn't know you had PCOS, Emily. I was told I had it back in January and put on Progesterone just to jump-start my cycle again after not having one for a while. I was also told that our chances of getting pregnant w/o meds were slim to none because I didn't ovulate. I guess the progesterone really did the trick for me or it was a possible misdiagnosis. Anyways, so good to hear about your good fortune! & cool to hear from someone with PCOS!