Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Gifts for a Plum

Holy 12 weeks, Batman!


When I put my hand up in the air - making the shape of a plum - it's hard to believe Baby is that size. It's also extremely hard to eat a plum - I keep imagining our child...

...either way, it's important to share this incredible mark! We're in the home stretch of the first trimester - incredible.

Throughout the last 12 weeks, I've tried, with everything in my power, not to buy anything and everything baby-ish I love. And...trust me...this. has. been. difficult. I may have slipped in a quick "gotta have" this weekend, HOWEVER! - this hasn't stopped my amazing family from spoiling the Little Booger already.

First - two days after telling Mom and Dad we were pregnant, I get this call from Mom to swing by her house. Normally, I'd say sure - but I had just met her for dinner and then went shopping for her surprise party, and was exhausted. I sucked it up and headed over to her house - and to my complete surprise, she gave me two bags full of baby goodies!

Who'da thunk I'd cry over bowls?!

Ryan did his uncle-ly duties and surprised us with, what he called, "baby aprons". Excuse me as I bust out laughing again - something about Ryan and him describing the bibs as "baby aprons" makes me belly-laugh! He knows a way to a Mommy's heart - making sure Baby understands we take our fan-dom seriously.


The day of Mom's surprise party - Dad took her shopping to get her out of the house. This four-hour shopping trip meant presents for Baby! Dad picked out this cute, little outfit himself - specifically loving the little duck feet (who doesn't?!). When handing it to us, he says to Eric..."for the Oregon Ducks" - I promise you, Baby will not be a team-hopper like his/her Daddy. :)


Mom picked out these super cute baby aprons bibs. Eric and I immediately related the characters on the "Best Buddies" to the family's four dogs. (Yes, we tend to relate everything back to our dogs...)

Bird = Macie, Elephant = Calvin, Giraffe = Molly, Frog = Hobbes

And, totally taking advantage of the Halloween outfits at Target - I had to grab THIS:


 I think it's safe to say...this plum is already spoiled rotten!! :)

No comments: