Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Week 25

This week seemed to creep up much slower than any of the rest. Finally we had a week that included multiple nights catching up on sitcoms and very little chaos. (Of course, that doesn't exclude the amount of hours spent at work the last two days. I'm beat!)

We're at Week 25 and officially in Month 6! :)


The biggest challenge I've found recently is trying to stay comfortable on my side. With my ever-expanding belly it means my hips are also moving. And, being a woman with hips before Gwen really isn't helping. It takes me a few minutes - but after a little shuffle, I usually find "the" spot and stick there. For those who I may be text messaging with before bed - and our conversation quickly ends...it isn't because I'm not interested - it's because I refuse to move!

Gwen doesn't seem to be shying away from letting me know she's around. I imagine her sitting in my belly practicing her backstroke. For a few weeks in the past, she was consistently on my right side - but now, it's all over. I'm having a hard time dividing between hiccups, her movement flutters and her kicks - but I love them all.

As for the progress on her room, Mom has done an amazing on her bedding! This weekend she finished the bed skirt - which looks fantastic! Next weekend she's planning to start on the bumper, and after that she's done...until I think of something else. :)


We also started on the birds over the crib. There's definitely no doubt this is a girl's room - and no lack of color! The birds are slowly starting to become my favorite part of her room.


When we reach Week 26, we'll be officially out of triple-digit countdown days and into the double-digits! We were pretty excited when counting down to our wedding when we hit double-digits, but really - this is much better. :)

No comments: