Wednesday, January 4, 2012

TV, Basketball, Dinner and Gwen

Here we are at Week 24 (and a day behind, I know!). Really the only difference physically between this week and last week are Gwen's kicks! :) They're the first thing I feel when I wake up and the last thing I feel before I go to bed. I absolutely love this feeling - and can not wait for Eric to be able to feel them. Just the other night I had my arm wrapped over my belly and was pretty sure I saw it "pop" up and down.

A few things DID change over the New Year weekend, and as usual it goes to show how blessed we are to have such an amazing family! Imagine a weekend full of Dexter, UK basketball, dinner with family and Gwen. Tap in ringing in another year together (Eric and I began dating on New Year's Eve many years ago!) and you've got yourself THE weekend we experienced.

Because Dad had been traveling over the last 3-4 months, he missed our favorite and non-family appropriate-but-still-can't-help-ourselves show! Eric and I came to the rescue and beginning at 10am on Saturday we plopped ourselves in the living room and began watching episode after episode. Of course, at noon we made a desperate pause in the show to watch our UK Cats beat the UofL Cardinals (again). Gwen finally came into the picture when I (may have) "begged" Dad to put up her ceiling light. In record time (during halftime) he put the light up and it looks great. Thanks, Dad!

We watched another episode, paused again for a New Year's Eve dinner at Bonefish. After we returned home, Eric and I watched as Dad tried "guessing" what was happening during the Dexter season - Mom was busy away making the curtains for Gwen's room. The only credit I can take is approving her craftswomanship. She did an abosolutely amazing job and I looove them!


Sunday morning, Mom and Dad were back at our house - and, again while Mom "slaved" away cutting the patterns for the crib bedding - the rest of us finished up the TV series season. That night we grabbed dinner together again, and - per Dad's request - took a trip over to Babies R Us. As we were leaving Dad told us "thank you" for letting us walk through the store and that "he's just getting excited". Talk about a trigger of emotions! :)

We did also make a trip to Ashley Furniture and purchased the rocker/recliner for Gwen's room. This was much of the discussion for several weeks. We knew we wanted more of a recliner than a rocker (as we imagine having to count a few sheep in her room), but the debate came down to whether "to rock" or "to not". Final decison: rock. It should arrive for pick-up anywhere between 2-4 weeks.

Monday afternoon we tackled the first coat of the tree on the wall in her room. At first Eric was going to work on this alone - but, I couldn't not participate! It took us about two hours to complete the first coat, and it still needs that second coat for sure, but I'm IN LOVE with how it looks!


It's crazy to see the tracker inching closer towards the right, closer towards the end. I can't mention enough about how much I'm enjoying pregnancy, which makes me one lucky girl. As for the countdown I mentioned last week...

1 comment:

Amy Benvie said...

The nursery is coming together beautifully! I love it!