Saturday, January 21, 2012

Ready

I think I'm allowed to have an overly emotional post every now and then, and this one really won't shy away from that.

I sat in Gwen's room tonight thinking about how excited we are to have her here - and the fact that she will be here so soon. She was moving around, making herself known, almost all day. So, to sit back for a little bit and talk to her made it seem that much more real. We really are going to be parents to a baby girl.

What made tonight so much different than the rest, was that Eric felt her kick for the first time. To see his face light up was beyond emotional. We watched together as my belly popped up and down and I immediately thought about the amount of unconditional love I already have for her. I haven't laid my eyes on her yet, but I still know she's beautiful. I haven't held her yet, but I still know she's warm and has that baby scent everyone loves. I'm in love with her already.

As we count down the days until she's here, I'm making a promise to sit back and talk her alone. I want her to know how much I love her. I want to tell her stories about lessons learned. I want to tell her every fairy-tale moment I've had with her Daddy, and how much he loves her too.

Her name describes exactly how I feel: blessed. Today, I can say I'm not only excited for her to be here...but, I'm ready.

No comments: