Tuesday, January 17, 2012

98 days to go!

I'm well aware I haven't been keeping up with my twice-weekly blog posts, and I couldn't think of an excuse to cover me this week...so, in turn - here's a load of updates!

Quick Reflections from Week 26:

Movement: She's got moves like Jagger! She's booking it left and right these days. It's starting to be a little distracting as she's making her presence known during meetings at work, conversations and TV at home.

Cravings/Adversions: Not much happening here. I really wanting some ice cream the other night, and my sweet-tooth husband didn't object.

I am feeling: Much better! For almost three straight days I had a not-so-nice sinus headache that I just couldn't shake. Not even a nap covered it. Darn, Indiana weather. It's finally gone...and I hope it stays away for a long time.

What I miss most: Being able to "fold". No, not clothes - that I still don't do...I'm talking about being able to bend over to pick up a paper clip I've dropped from my desk. Seems simple enough - but when your stomach doesn't fold like it used to - it makes for a funny-looking picture.

Best moment of the past week: Watching IU and Uof L lose...OK - best moment regarding Gwen, all the happenings in her room! :)

What I'm looking forward to this week: Wrapping up the final details of her room - we're down to the last-minute items. After this weekend, all that's left is to add a baby!

To follow-up on the fun things happening to the nursery, all of her furniture finally is in its home! (Not in the places they will stay in the room, but they're in there no less.) This past weekend, Mom and Dad brought of the dresser that's been repainted to match the crib. I love how it's turned out! There's a few touch-up spots that need to be hit, and I still need to purchase new drawer pulls - but it looks fantastic against the pink paint!


Because my pregnancy-brain is in full force tonight, I've forgotten if I've shared where this dresser came from. This is from a set of furniture that belonged to Gwen's Nana's Nana. The original color was a stained, brown wood - but with a little Therese Touch, it now matches. It's very special to have a piece of furniture with a little bit of family history in the nursery.

And, an even bigger delivery arrived on Saturday - which Eric picked it up today...the ah-maz-ing rocking recliner! I may never leave this chair...and, I'm not kidding. The color matches perfectly with the rest of the room. (We can't take credit for the rocking recliner idea - it came highly recommended by Angie.)


The final delivery for the week arrived today, as well. My lovely Aunts kindly offered to throw a baby shower for my family that lives in Louisville - which is set for February 11th. Anita sent out the invitations over the weekend, and I receied my copy in today's mail. I love how girly they are! :) I'm very excited for my shower - gives me a great excuse to see my family!


This weekend, we're wrapping up the painting of the birds - even though this was my goal last weekend. We're now officially in the double-digit countdown days - only 98 days left! Eric asked if I was going to make a countdown chain (as many kids do for Christmas...) - my response back: "If he's lucky!" In all reality - I won't - instead, I'll do the adult thing and will depend on my iPhone app.

1 comment:

Ali said...

Oh how I love the legs on that dresser! So vintage, so gorgeous!! Can't wait to see the finished product of the nursery!