Monday, April 16, 2012

Last Week

This week has been full of "lasts". The last grocery shopping trip before we spend a few days in the hospital. The last Friday night where Eric has to work late and I'm home watching late-night TV until he comes home alone. The last Saturday and Sunday we'll spend as a solely, married couple. And, tonight, the last date night where we don't have to get a babysitter.

We've wrapped up just about everything we can - which, everything Gwen-related was tackled almost weeks ago. I've officially packed my bag for the hospital, made the "do not forget" list to check and double-check before we walk out the door on Wednesday and have straightened up the house for home visits when we return.

It still feels as if we're simply planning for a vacation - that it doesn't feel real. It's unimaginable to me, that in just TWO days we will be holding our baby...and will officially be parents. I continue to feed the "How are you feeling?" question - and Eric gets the "Are you nervous?" Our responses never change - I feel great, just counting down the days (now almost hours!) and not nervous at all. I imagine we'll both be nervous driving to the hospital Wednesday morning - but until then, there's a strange calmness between the two of us.

I've read, researched, asked questions - as much as I possibly can to prepare myself for the emotions of Wednesday...and each time, it almost triggers what emotions I have left. I feel like the last nine months have gone by in a blink of an eye. If at all possible, I pray that the next two days fly by - but that our first few days with her go by extremely slow.

No comments: