Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Last Reflection

It's still unreal to think this time tomorrow we will be holding our little girl. That every day going forward we will be parents. Eric and I will quickly start referring to each other as "Mommy" and "Daddy" in conversation. It's yet to really hit me, that the little kicks in my stomach tonight won't be hidden anymore - that she'll be here with us.


My Last - Week 39 - Reflections...

Movement: Constant. I've grown incredibly selfish to Gwen's kicks over the past few days, as I imagine what it will be like not to feel her in my belly anymore. She still loves to show off in the morning and at night after dinner. People kept telling me that the more she slows down the chances are labor is right around the corner...not for Gwen! One of my favorite feelings is putting my hand on the upper, left side of my belly and feeling her little round foot move (at least, I imagine it's her foot!). I can't lie - a part of me will miss this feeling tomorrow morning.

Cravings/Aversions: Truthfully, nothing anymore. I'm not a very picky eater - never have been - and I can simply order anything off of a menu. I did have to convince Eric to spice up our last grocery list with new items...he was falling into the same routine and this girl wanted some pizazz! 

I am feeling: Anxious. Excited. Calm. Ready. :) I've never been more prepared for something in my entire life, but at the same time feeling so completely lost. I'm very ready to meet my baby and to watch her squirm, laugh, cry and grow. I could not feel more blessed to be experiencing this moment with Eric, my very best friend.

What I miss most: Sleeping on my stomach. (OK - there, I said it.) For a very long time there wasn't much I missed...but now, I miss it. Maybe it's because I've become increasingly uncomfortable over the past four weeks - but, I'm so ready to be able to sleep on my stomach while bending my knee up to where it won't hit my belly.

Best moment of the past week: Our doctor's visit last Tuesday - where we found out we would have only one more week! After that - it would have to be last night's date night. We didn't go anywhere fancy, took a walk around Target to "walk off" the chips and salsa as we always do...but, for the last time it was just Eric and I.

What I'm looking forward to this week: ...is this a trick question?!...without words, I think everyone knows what we're looking forward to.


With that being said - I want nothing more than to remember every minute of this feeling.

No comments: