Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Gweneth Louise

To say we're a bit emotional this morning would be an understatement - but, this is a level of emotion we've waited - what feels like - a very long time for. Today, in just a few short hours, we will meet our little girl. We will look into her eyes - knowing, with God's help, we created a life.

I continue to look back on the journey that brought us here - now more than ever feeling the warmth of God's plan for us. He always understood what our path would be - never letting us lose Faith. Without even laying eyes on our baby, we're filled with this uncontrollable amount of unconditional love.

There have been so many times in our relationship that I have fallen in love with Eric all over again, and this morning is most certainly one of the those top moments. I want nothing more than to remember the look on his face when he sees his little girl for the very first time.

I've thought for a very long time about what I'd write this morning, what I could possibly share, and the only thing I kept thinking about was Gwen and reading to her this message:


Gweneth Louise, you are a flawless gift from God. Your Daddy and I dreamed of this day and what it would be like, but never did we imagine how perfect this feeling truly is. As we've anxiously waited for you to arrive, you've brought so much joy to our life. Without knowing it, you've shined a light on our future. May you always be selfless and faithful, open and fearless, as great as you could be. You are my pretty thing. Happy Birthday, Gwen - Mommy and Daddy love you very much.

No comments: