Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Large and smelly - but prepared!

Baby is now the size of a durian!

The first question you should have this week, is the exact same question I had...

...what in the WORLD is a "durian"?! With a quick Google search, I found the answer I wasn't looking for:

"Widely known and revered in southeast Asia as the 'king of fruits', the durian is distinctive for its large size, unique odor and thorn-covered husk."

Therefore, TheBump is pretty much saying - I'm large and smell. Wonderful, huh?!

Either way - this week I'm continuing to find it difficult to "roll over" at night - which isn't helping with the amount of trips I take from the bed to the bathroom. I'm waking up every 2-3 hours to pee, almost on-the-dot...talk about "preparing for baby"!

Lately I've also been waking up due to terrible hip pain as well. I'm naturally built with hips that are already child-barring friendly, but adding the fact that they're moving even more is really starting to bring some not-so-nice pain. Ususally a quick stretch will do the trick, and by the time I start moving around in the morning - I'm back to normal.

As for the most exciting update for Week 34 - I receieved my weekly email with a check-list of items to complete. One thing on this week's list surprised me with how early it feels - but, I didn't hesitate from marking it off as complete!


You're probably having the same feeling Eric did (at first!)...it's way too early to put the car seat in the car. It only took the explanation that we're SIX weeks away from meeting our Little Girl - and the idea that she "could" come at any time means we must be prepared. At least at this point - I look like a Mom with the car seat in the backseat - and she can ride home in style!

No comments: