Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Honeydew


Today not only is the start of our 33rd week, but today also was my "every other week" doctor's appointment. Unfortunately, this appointment wasn't quite as uneventful as we hoped. Dr. Bell wasn't concerned about my massively swollen feet, my blood pressure or my weight. BUT - she was concerned about Gwen's placement in my belly.

We listened to Gwen's heartbeat - 145 bpm - and then Dr. Bell measured my stomach and immediately said that at our next appointment (in two weeks, the last two-week appointment) - we'll have our sixth ultrasound. She mentioned that she could feel Gwen was concentrated more towards the top and feared she may be breech. I explained to her the constant "push" I feel towards the top of my stomach and that almost all of Gwen's movement is on the upper-right hand side.

I'm incredibly excited to see Gwen's squished face on the ultrasound again, but very nervous about her placement and will be keeping my fingers crossed that she's not breech...or turns over the next few weeks (because we only have a FEW!)...

As for the progress of Gwen's room - juuust about complete! All of her "things" are in place and put away. We've hung the shelf, but are still on the hunt for the side table. We originally bought one at Garden Ridge, but when we brought it home - it had a scratch on the top. I took it back, exchanged it for another and the second had a crack down the leg. I gave up on the Garden Ridge table and found one at Target I really liked. Of course, the white color just happens to be discontinued - so the hunt is back on. Once we have the table - everything will be complete...just need to add Gwen! :)

No comments: