Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Well-Behaved Baby

Today we had our monthly check-up, along with the follow-up ultrasound..and, we are quite the proud parents this evening! The appointment first started out with the ultrasound - checking on her heart and spine (shots she was rather stubborn at sharing last month), as well the cord and placenta previa.

I'm so excited to share - not only has her cord completely moved, but the placenta has moved in the right direction! Eric was more on-top of question asking this time and specifically asked of the chances it moves back...and, it's important to note - it can't (well, won't). I'm beyond relieved with this news - as I drilled it in my mind that we wouldn't be receiving this good of news today.

She wasn't shy whatsoever at today's appointment - showing off her heart for all of us to see. I love getting the "everything looks great" comment - almost like I should color a picture of a heart and place it on the fridge for a job well done. Her spine also looks great - which is all good news. Dr. Bell didn't have fears that anything was wrong with her heart or spine last month, Baby just wasn't in a great spot for her to have a good look.

Unfortunately, the bleed found last month is still persistent - and doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I was given the "as long as you don't see blood, there's no need to worry" conversation. Truly not seeing any blood on my end has really helped remain calm. I'm also off pelvic rest...just as I was milking the no heavy exercise thing...

Her heartbeat was 155, and she's measuring right on schedule (today she's 23 weeks, 1 day - and measuring 23 weeks, 3 days). She's also packed on the ounces and is weighing in at 1 lb, 7 oz.

She was waving to the camera almost the entire morning - as if I'd expect anything else. She's already camera-ready like a star! And, better yet - check out this profile...

How can you not love this?!

The next appointment is in 4 weeks, which will include the 2-hour glucose test. No ultrasound is scheduled for next appointment - which means today might be the last time we get to see her before she makes her big entrance into the world. Part of me is excited, which means we're that much closer...but another part is pretty sad - the ultrasounds have been amazing.

I love every ounce of her little, itty-bitty body and c.a.n. n.o.t. wait to wrap her in my arms!

No comments: