Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Countdown

At what point should one stop counting up to 40 weeks and start counting down?!

We're officially at the beginning of Week 23 - with only 17 weeks to go! (Of course, writing down 17 weeks sounds much longer than saying we have less than 4 months to go.)

Therefore...17-Weeks-To-Go Reflections:

Movement: She's moving all over the place. Feeling alot of movement lower in my stomach, and alot on my left side. The other morning, Macie woke up super early and after taking her outside to potty I hopped back in bed. Once I got comfortable (and warm!) again, Baby started moving like crazy. Either she was ready to get up - or was upset I woke her.

Cravings/Aversions: Not really craving anything recently - however, I did splurge on some bananas and PopTarts at the grocery tonight. As for aversions - not really having anything here either. Throughout this entire pregnancy I've noticed what I loved before - I still love...and what I didn't like before - I still don't like.

I am feeling: Wonderful! I'm sure I sounded like a broken record over the weekend answering the "How are you feeling?" question - but, I really couldn't feel better. I'm starting to get a little uncomfortable in certain positions, but that really doesn't bother my feelings. Still haven't gotten queasy or upset - I almost feel spoiled!

What I miss most: Sleeping on my back. There have been a few nights where I've been on one side of my body and desperately want to swing over to my back. The feeling of switching sides just doesn't cut it. Eric's done a great job of letting me know I was on my back...the following morning. I've done a great job of letting him know he's snoring.

Best moment of the past week: CHRISTMAS!! This holiday weekend was full of great memories - but more importantly (for us, I suppose) it was full of anticipation of next year's Christmas. It's fun to talk about how different it will be, not to mention how different LIFE will be! :) I can't wait to lay out Santa cookies and watch her open her gifts Christmas morning.

She did receive quite the stack of gifts this Christmas and is one blessed-baby! Thank you very much to everyone who thought of her this year. Your thoughtfulness just made it that much more exciting waiting for her to get here! :)

What I'm looking forward to this week: Another relaxing, three-day weekend - not to mention we're making the final selection on Baby's chair for her room and starting to paint the "mural" tree and birds.

Before Week 23 is over - it will officially be 2012. Eric and I were "reflecting" back on how eventful 2011 has been just with the idea of planning/expecting Baby. We went from thinking January was "our month" to being told to shut the door to being told we conceived on our own and unfortunately losing our baby (but gained an Angel)...to finally the happiest moment of our journey and this moment today. It's been a surreal trip - but one I wouldn't change for the world. If 2011 was great...here's to an even better New Year! :)

No comments: