Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Jennifer Hudson guest starring on Fringe

The most common question I've been asked is, "How are you feeling?" Love this question! And, each time I want to break out into song...specifically with the Jennifer Hudson, "Feeling Good" Weight Watchers performance, but I stop and give a normal answer.

Truly, I do feel great! Thus far, I've had very little to almost no morning-sickness. (Find me the nearest piece of wood, please!) Earlier this week, I had this crazy sensation right around my belly-button. It felt like Baby was George of the Jungle, swinging back and forth. I've been told it's my body stretching out - making more room for Baby, but I prefer the vision of our lime-size bambino in the jungle.

I've so far gained no weight - holla! - but, my cravings I blame on the pregnancy haven't stopped. It went from chocolate milk (after visiting Amanda in the hospital and watching her order room-service chocolate milk, I couldn't help myself) to carmel apples (hey, the apple is healthy!) to gummy bears. The cravings quickly come, and quickly leave - no more than for a couple of days.

My pants have become a bit snug - finding they fit great in the legs, but have to keep them unbuttoned. Immediately when I arrive home from work, I throw on the comfy sweats - which over the weekends I barely get out of. And, my favorite part - there's definitely a bump! :)

Like all pregnant ladies I think "using the bathroom" becomes difficult almost immediately. Eric likes to mention that at night I have no problem "releasing" myself...I kindly inform him that it's Baby's way of letting him know he/she is baking.

Over the past few days I've started to notice some blurry vision. I've worn contacts for years - and purposefully do not wear my glasses...which have frames from the 90's. I thought maybe it was because I've just been tired, it's my way of giving me an excuse to close my eyes, but it turns out (after a phone call to the doctor's office yesterday), like a pregnant woman's feet and hands - her eyes do the same thing. The nurse mentioned that many women change their prescription when they're pregnant, and after the baby arrives, it goes back to normal. This threw me for a loop! She did recommend that wearing glasses instead of contacts makes it easier, but as mentioned before - this isn't an option (yet).

Speaking of being tired - if someone were to ask me what time it was, without looking at a clock, I could tell them based on my tired mood. Right at 2:00, it hits me - like a brick wall. I have no problem waking up in the morning, or falling asleep at night, but a nap in the middle of the afternoon would be amazing. On the weekends, I'm covered - at work, not so much. Whipping out a Disney Princess sleeping bag might not be the best idea...

I think the strangest of all strange "symptoms" would be the vivid dreams. I've never been one to remember what I dream at night (or during naps), but since finding out we're having a baby - I can remember them almost scene-by-scene. I've dreamt about Derek Jeter (that was a good one!), that my Mom found out about her 50th birthday party and that we're having twins (which we are not). Last night's dream was by far the weirdest - which I shared with Eric immediately this morning. Allow me to share with you...

We were excited to have an ultrasound to see the baby, but unfortunately Eric could not make it. Of course, this didn't stop me from going to my appointment - with an ultrasound tech that looked similar to my Dad. Either way, in "real life" the ultrasound is done using a sonogram - this wasn't the case in my dream. Instead, the Dad look-alike took Baby out of back of my neck, and placed him/her in a pan for all of us to see. (I would like for it to be known that Baby looked like a normal itty-bitty baby.) He checked Baby out - couldn't tell us if it's a boy or girl - and when we were finished, placed him/her back in my neck and I went along my way. Pictures were taken - but they weren't cute print-outs, they were 5x7 portraits.

I immediately related this dream to Fringe - a show Eric, Dad and I love to watch. Hence, the Dad technician...

Undoubtedly I can't wait to feel Baby squirm and kick inside my belly - but, until then you can catch me in sweats, 1990's glasses, dreaming away to Jennifer Hudson.

No comments: